Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Melting Pot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Melting Pot

    I was at Borders last night having multiple cups of coffee and enjoying perusing lots of books and sampling cd's(a favorite more sedentary activity of mine) . I started to notice the vast diversity of customers sharing and enjoying the same pastime . There were young , old , teens , middle-aged , college students , goths , geeks , businessmen , cowboys , wealthy , poor , bikers all with something in common . I don't know if Wise County has a Borders or Barnes & Nobles cause I've been away for awhile , but if you've never been I would strongly recommend it . I can spend hours at a time there and not even realize it .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    where is it at?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    I'm in North Carolina.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    What part of North Carolina?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    I live in the metropolis of King
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Melting Pot

    looks like I'm not the only one from the big 'ol NC

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    Wise Co could use a B&N. It would see a lot of business from the college kids.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    I really dont think it would work. I actually love to read new stuff especially pretaining to sports, but I know very few college students who share my love for literature.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    I go to this coffee shop here in the Burg called Easy Chair. It's my favorite place to study....
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Melting Pot

    I think Wise is just too small to handle something like that....maybe in a few years though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •